Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Not at all off putting...

What could possibly go wrong?The Kiwi Trekkers




Franz Josef glacier hike!
What an experience.. an 8 hour hike up a glacier, and with my record of accidents and general calamity - it was sure to be eventful.
It was.
I provided much of the entertainment for the group managing to fall through the ice into thigh deep freezing cold water which filled my boots full of slush, AND falling spectacularly onto a hard slab of ice having just congratulated myself on climbing down a particularly precarious part of the trek!
Today.. I hurt.
But it was well worth it!

Saw some beautiful scenery and overcame some (quite RATIONAL) fears!
Crawled into and through an underground ice cave.. NOT one for the claustrophobic!

It was pretty difficult at times, and as the glacier is changing all the time we were exploring new territory and had to cut out steps along the way. Climbing parts of it was difficult because my short leg/no arm muscle combination wasn't working for me! Still I made it and it was so satisfying at the end of the day to have completed a full days exploration.

I saw so much and the photos really don't do it justice... but here some are for you to enjoy.

Only 2 weeks left in NZ :(
But only 3 days till the new Harry Potter book :)

Love to you all xxx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home